Dear Friends,

Some attachments / pdf files at our site are locked due to a recent Google security update & they need to be unlocked one by one, manually

We regret to inform you that the priority will be given to major content contributors only

In the meantime, please feel free to browse all the rest of the articles & documents here

All The Best
Site Caretakers
Armenians-1915.blogspot.com

12.12.17

3653) What Do Armenians Think Of Turkish People?


Enrique Sanchez, Teacher at Tutors
I have lived in Glendale, California for about 8 years and from what I have seen is that 98% of Armenians have nothing but pure hatred towards Turkey and Turkish people as a whole it doesn't matter to them if it was the government that did the “So Called” genocide of 1915.

All I hear is complaining and whining about the Turks did this and the Turks did that etc etc etc.

Why are they complaining? They are one of the most successful people in the United States I don't see them struggling or trying to make ends meet. They live better than most Americans and to add the least assimilated white group in the country.

They claim to be the first Christian nation but their lifestyle is far from what a Christian is supposed be like.

The Armenians drink, they smoke, they gamble, they think they are better than others and shove into people's faces that they have money, they cheat on their spouses and they have bad manners and lack etiquette. They worship their culture and they are very insular and don't welcome outsiders into their group

The Armenians need to group up and move on whatever happen happened they shouldn't blame an entire people from what a few bad apples did more than a 100 years ago.

They should follow what Christ told his disciples Love for Enemies

43 “You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor[a] and hate your enemy.’44 But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46 If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? 47 And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? 48 Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect. Matthew 5:43–48.


Alvin Hovasapian, Lived in Altona, Hamburg
I grew up in Altona, Hamburg. As an elementary school student, some of my closest friends were Turkish. As fellow 'ouslanders' we had a sort of bond together than transcended any historical considerations. 

Now that I'm older, I still have Turkish friends, just like I have friends of other nationalities. I perceive people to be individuals and do not attribute to them any preconceived notions of race or nationality. I certainly don't believe in a 'sins of the father' notion.

Sure, there are some Turkish individuals who deny the Armenian Genocide. There are also people who think the Earth is flat and that the Earth is in the center of the universe. Honestly, I don't think these individuals are worth my time.

Of course, my issue is with the Turkish government. Even a simple 'we regret what happened. It was terrible, but none of us currently alive had any part in it" would go a long way for me. Having said that, I was in Istanbul a few months ago for a wedding. It's a great country, with many great people and great food. And honestly, many Turkish people I met had no love for the current Turkish government. And frankly I would never let some asshole government influence me enough to hate anyone.

Lilit Petrosyan, works at PicsArt Photo Studio
Wars and Genocides and hatred is about governments and not people. At least this is what my position is. So I think about Turks as I would think about any other nation and I am really sorry that in 21th century, we still have barriers and limits in interaction between us and neighboring countries. We have much to give and to receive and we just waste time by not being more open (we I mean both countries).

Harut Martirosyan, Armenian born/raised/living in Armenia
I am Armenian living in Armenia.
Evidently, we have BIG problem with Turkey, with their government, but NOT with the people.

Although, I'm personally OK with Turkish people, older generation (65+) may think different in some cases.

Vahe Shelunts, Intern at US Embassy Yerevan (2017-present)
As an Armenian, I have had chance to talk to many Turkish people. Most of them were quite nice and friendly. I became friends with some of them and we still communicate with each other. However, there are also the ones who are arrogant and prejudiced towards Armenians. But people are different. Noticeably, the Turks with whom I communicated always tried to avoid the topic of Genocide.

Having lived in Yerevan for 10 years, I can definitely say that in general there is no hate towards Turks here. Most people are quite friendly to them and even visit Turkey. But of course, there are always some people with radical views just like in any other country.

However, I have seen the negative trend towards improvement of Armenian-Turkish relationships, primarily caused by racist remarks against Armenians .

Sako Gekchyan, studied at High School Education
I am Armenian and I'm overall very easy-going with Turks. I've hung out with a group of turkeys students at my college. Even though I'm still infuriated about the events of 1915, my hostility is towards the Turkish government, not the Turkish people. As long as they show me kindness and respect they will get the same from me.. .

Ozgur Demir
I am a Turkish citizen and I lived in Los Angeles for about 4 years. Actually, I lived very close to Glendale that known as home to huge Armenian population.

During my residency in Los Angeles, I had interacted with lots of Armenian people. I shopped from their stores, I ate from their restaurants, I chatted with them.

Even though, Armenian diaspora is known as more radical than the people in Armenia, the number of negative approach from them was limited to only 2 or 3 times. Other than that, I can say, Armenian people is not much different that Turkish people in most aspects and they are mostly kind and easygoing, even after they learn that you are Turkish.

Anonymous
Some hate Turkish people, others have no problem with them.

I go to a high-school in Burbank where the majority of students are Armenian-American and from what I've observed, some of the Armenian students are scarred by the events that occurred in 1915 and post gruesome pictures of Turkish children dying with the caption “They deserved it.” I am not Armenian and I don't consider myself racist, but posts such as those enrage me because it portrays all Armenians as hateful. There are many Armenians at school who distinguish the Turks who committed the atrocities of the Armenian from the Turkish people of today.

I believe that their viewpoints toward the Turkish people depends on how deeply they were affected by the Armenian genocide and what they have been raised to believe.

Electra K. Vasileiadou, works at Freelance Photographers
I am not Armenian but most of my Armenian friends and acquaintances are not terribly fond of Turks. Some see things differently but they are a small minority (as far as my social circle goes, off course)
I wouldn't want to misrepresent any of their views so I will not go into details regarding the position of either group.


Naira Ripyan
Hello! I was born in Armenia and grew up here so I think that my answer would be interesting and helpful for you. Personally I and my friends have never been told to hate Turkey or Turkish people. Now I am 18 years old and only 3–4 years ago my granny told me for the first time about my great grand parents and relatives that had been killed during those years. I think that if I was told about it when I was a child maybe now I would feel a little bit hateful(or much hateful idk). It’s true that when we hear something about “1915s” or “Armenian Genocide” we feel kind of…well…sad? disappointed? angry? (can’t really find the appropriate word), cause that genocide took at least one life of our relatives and not only (but it doesn't mean that we sit and cry) , we (the youth) think that we should learn smth from that(don’t ever trust turkish people/sorry:)) and work hard to develop our country. Currently I don’t hate Turkey or turkish people. What I think is that you are very persistent which can be at the same time beneficial and not for you( denying the most obvious thing for decades). Sometimes you are too aggressive and critical( for example now you are reading this and think like “ WHAT? Shut up” even though YOU asked this question) also you are nimble. NOT clever but very nimble.

P.s. this is my opinion and it’s not about all turkish people. This is just my average opinion. ..

Source.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please Update/Correct Any Of The
3700+ Posts by Leaving Your Comments Here


- - - YOUR OPINION Matters To Us - - -

We Promise To Publish Them Even If We May Not Share The Same View

Mind You,
You Would Not Be Allowed Such Freedom In Most Of The Other Sites At All.

You understand that the site content express the author's views, not necessarily those of the site. You also agree that you will not post any material which is false, hateful, threatening, invasive of a person’s privacy, or in violation of any law.

- Please READ the POST FIRST then enter YOUR comment in English by referring to the SPECIFIC POINTS in the post and DO preview your comment for proper grammar /spelling.
-Need to correct the one you have already sent?
please enter a -New Comment- We'll keep the latest version
- Spammers: Your comment will appear here only in your dreams

More . . :
http://armenians-1915.blogspot.com/2007/05/Submit-Your-Article.html

All the best